Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Shoppers

16x16
oil on cradled wood panel

It has been awhile since I last posted. I did get busy with work and finishing up on the children's book my niece and her husband are making. I will soon have more time for painting as I am leaving my weekend job in November. Its a mixed thing, I love the people and I love the work. There is just never enough time for painting though!

This painting is from a reference I took when taking a workshop with carol Marine in April 2013. I worked on it in Stan's class. This fits with my love of back lit things! Its currently showing at the Valley Art Gallery in Walnut Creek.

This painting is for sale on the Daily Paintworks site as well.

12 comments:

  1. This is amazing Kaethe. Love the figures... the backlighting and depth you have achieved in the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bhavani. I love doing figures. I love seeing your work with them as well!

      Delete
  2. Backlighting is wonderful as is the palette. What a great painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris and I so enjoyed your blog post with the open studios!

      Delete
  3. I admire you for working with back lighting. It can befuddle me. Those are great, great shadows. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! I think I like back lighting because you get to outline in a bright color!

      Delete
  4. OH Kaethe, I almost missed this. It is so good. This painting just draws my attention and I feel like I am right there with them. Great Great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Marcia! Love your figures that you have been posting. Did your "sisters" painting come from PMP too? I love that site!

      Delete
  5. What a great painting and I especially love the bike.
    Your work is top level now so I can only anticipate with great pleasure ,following your journey when you turn to painting FULL TIME! Yeah! Congratulations on making that decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Actually I am just ending my moon lighting job as a hospice social worker (I will miss it!). I will be at the dialysis center full time but doing art on my weekends and days when there is time!

      Delete
  6. This is FANTASTIC Kaethe!! I'm at a loss to understand how you fit so much painting in - and work full time! Your are a marvel!
    I'm looking forward to buying a copy of FIFO Daddy - is it available for purchase yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! My niece has the book at the publishers. So hopefully soon it will be out. I promise to let you know when! And thank you for wanting to support it!

      Delete