Saturday, February 7, 2015

Wish me luck on Best Seat II...

16x16
acrylic on cradled panel
sold

I posted this when I was doing the first pass and counted it in for the "30 in 30" challenge. I finished it this morning. I have been working on it throughout the last 2 weeks, an hour here, an hour there. I did get to avoid going in for a meeting on Tuesday so that I could devote that day to painting the bulk of it. Thanks guys! (You know who you are!) Today I will trek down to Tracy to enter it in the Expressions Show. If its juried in, it will be displayed 2/13 to 2/20/15. 

Although Tracy is a city about an hour away, its worth traveling to it. It was the first art show I ever entered. I got 2nd place and was so thrilled to think that someone thought enough of my work to actually award it. That was 2003.

Hey, its Saturday!

2/14 update. This got 2nd place and was sold at the show!

14 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful piece, Kaethe. I can feel the warmth of the sun. Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting Kaethe, should be accepted and worthy of recognition I say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blanche! Enjoyed your post about your journey!

      Delete
  3. It's a gorgeous painting, Kaethe! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is definitely a winner, Kaethe! So beautiful! Your other two Tracy paintings are gorgeous, too. Predicting awards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't make any wagers! Your paintings are wonderful! Here is to hoping we both get in!

      Delete
  5. It's a no brainier it will get in. It should win something important too. It is so very good on all levels. If it doesn't win then the judge must prefer non representational work and then you realize it's a crap shoot. I visit shows and often scratch my head wondering how in the heck...
    Fingers crossed, my friend, fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I did just found out it got in. I am thrilled! Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on getting in Kaethe. Although there was hardly any doubt. I am rooting for this one to win something too :D. Good luck! Truly a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep coming back to this painting to feel that amazing light. What a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Painting light is definitely my inspiration!

      Delete