Sunday, March 19, 2017

Marina Day


10x8
oil on panel

Yesterday was "Marina Day" here at Emeryville Marina. I was honored to be invited as a participating artist. It was an overcast day. I am happy to report that although I was out of my comfort zone, painting in front of other people AND on a day without good light and shadow, it was a really nice experience. I enjoyed meeting new people,other artists, children and my marina neighbors! The biggest compliment I got was from a young boy who wanted to buy my painting. He was an artist too. What a thrill! 



8 comments:

  1. Another of the beautiful marina scenes at which you excel. So neat to see your set up as the work is underway! Good for you for going outside your "comfort zone." Bet you attracted quite a gallery of admirers. I find the immediate responses from bystanders can be fun. (I've done some public demos, but not outside. I'm less brave than you! It's rare for me to finish a piece in this situation, but your painting looks very resolved.) What fun you are to follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helene! I know I could do more on that painting but I think it's resolved too!

      Delete
  2. A nice job under different conditions - well done Kaethe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work Kaethe. Love your dark pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! I think if I were to go back to it, I would paint those boats lighter. Glad you could see the dark pattern. Gray days are hard!

      Delete
  4. I love the simplicity of the interlocking shapes. great design.

    ReplyDelete