Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Some exciting news... and Dog Park framed.

 8x8
acrylic on cradled panel framed
$200


This painting was accepted for the "Life in the Creek" project. There's a reception to be held at Shadelands in Walnut Creek on Wednesday, August 20th from 4 to 7pm. There, you will see all the entries that will soon  be featured on a vinyl fence covering in downtown Walnut Creek at 1500 Mt. Diablo Blvd.

I have started to use John Annesley's floating frames. They are made of basswood or maple and can be stained in a variety of tones. I have really liked the quality.

16 comments:

  1. Congrats, Kaethe and well deserved--great movement in this piece! And thanks for the framing info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! Looking forward to seeing your work on the 30 in 30!

      Delete
  2. Congrats.......it's a great painting and the frame fits in beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you are painting, painting, painting! I love the pears with the big brush strokes!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Kaethe! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy. I really enjoyed your Europe trip! Thanks for sharing your photos and stories!

      Delete
  4. Kaethe.. I love this painting. Congratulations on the show! a well-deserved honor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bhavani, thank you! I really admire your perserverance in learning. Its a good reminder to me to focus not just on painting but to think about getting better at drawing skills. I just listened to the art chat with Linda Fisler and Joe Anna Arnett on you tube about drawing. Such a good thing to be doing!

      Delete
  5. Such an excellent piece, Kaethe! The sunlight is palpable!
    Congratulations on the acceptance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaethe, This is a wonderful honor! I am so happy for you and love watching your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is really special. The movement you achieved is amazing. I do love everything you paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julie! I hope you know how much I love everything you paint!

      Delete