Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Attentive

6x6 
acrylic
sold
Today is Day 15 in the "30 in 30" Challenge. I have worked on this for the past 2 mornings and just now called it quits.
I saw the Hockney show at the DeYoung and the Anders Zorn at the Legion of Honor yesterday. Both shows were impressive but I have to say Hockney is energizing. He has never stopped exploring and creating art. He has done some incredible iPad paintings. I don't have the time but if I could I would go back and study his work more. It is interesting to see the art journeys of others. I have a long way to go but I am enjoying the process myself :)

12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. The lighting and reflections in the eyes are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy. I really liked your California palm scene painting..beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Amazing painting.......and good for you for taking a day to look at art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so kind Helen...thanks. I like your latest work you posted...especially the colors!

      Delete
  3. I am in love. This is my baby girl. minus the spot on the nose. Beautiful work Kaethe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Myra. I love your work, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The eyes are so wonderful. Love your style.

    ReplyDelete