Thursday, January 30, 2014

Day 30; Barking Sands Sky

6x6
acrylic on gessoed panel

I woke up early this morning thinking today was the day we put together our collage for the "30 in 30" challenge. Not true, tomorrow that will be the case. I had to hustle a subject that I thought I could do before work. I had this in my iPad and I think my friend Diane sent it to me. This is probably my most favorite beach in Hawaii. Its on Kauai, on the west side...sand for days. That is Niihau in the distance. I would classify this as a study, not good enough for prime time. There is an artist, actually she is my cousin by marriage, who does fantastic skies with encaustics. Check out Kari's work at www.daisysky.com. She also did the "30 in 30" challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Kaethe--you are far too modest...and should be banned from saying anything negative about your work. I personally think this one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kaethe!!! Well done on fulfilling the challenge with such outstanding work! I've just been catching up on your blog and as usual am blown away by every painting you create. Look forward to seeing them all in your collage.

    ReplyDelete